(You may also recognize Erika from Big Brother 4 and Big Brother 7 ;))
Erika shares with us her story of how she got started in Reality TV casting as well as her rise through the casting ranks from Recruiter all the way to Casting Producer.
You will also find out in this episode:
- How “recruiting” in Reality TV casting works.
- Do people in Reality TV casting really watch every audition tape sent in?
- Erika’s definition of “the worst type of audition video you can make.”
- Who Erika dubbed the “Godmother of Reality TV.”
- What a Casting Associate does on a day to day basis (and how it affects your chances of getting cast).
- Understanding what the “remote factor” is and why it’s important to you.
- What Erika’s mindset is when she interviews people for a Reality TV show.
- Erika’s best advice for how to get cast on a Reality TV show.
- Plus much more…
This episode will help you understand how Reality TV casting works from the Casting Producer’s point of view, and what exactly they are looking for in the audition process.
You can listen to the podcast right here on the website by clicking the gray play button above or you can download it right from the link below to listen on your computer or iPod.
The Podcast is also available in iTunes, you can subscribe by clicking this link.
All Podcasts are recorded in one take, no re-dos or anything.
The reason I am doing this is because I want to record a Podcast as if I was directly talking to you in a conversation. Not a glossed over edited unrealistic conversation. When edits come into play, the human element and error is lost.
Links Mentioned in this Podcast Episode:
Thank you for listening to this Podcast. Take a second a let me know what you think about it!