What Did You Think of The Story?

by Dan Gheesling

Now that you have finished reading How A Normal Guy Got Cast On Reality TV I would love to hear what you thought about it!  Post in the comments below or post on the wall - either way I’d love to hear what you have to say!

Thanks for reading – I appreciate you taking out the time to read AND comment on the book. :)

Dan-Gheesling-Signature

Preview My Story Free:

Learn tips from my story on how to get cast on Reality TV! Sign up now!

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

Andi February 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm

DAN!!!! I LOVED this story! Read it in one sitting. I was totally on edge the whole time, waiting for you to get that final call- and I already know the ending! Your excitement, frustration, determination and passion for BB is so evident I could feel it with you! As I read, I kept seeing moments from your season replaying in my mind and I was so excited to know what would come of it for you! If I thought for even a minute that I could handle being cut off from the world or make it through any of those crazy competitions, I would apply!! Congrats on this book and site! It is awesome!!!!

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Thanks Andi! I bet you would surprise yourself, its not as hard as it seems. :)

Mike TheFatGuy Campbell February 26, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Great read! Read over the weekend while I was at a conference. I will email you with input/question. Loved your story.
TheFatGuy

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Thanks Mike, looking forward to your feedback!

Nina Cross February 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Dan,

I am blown away by your story! I literally could not put the book down. Your story will no doubt help people fulfill their dream of being cast on Reality TV.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

- Nina

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Nina – THANK you for all of the awesome work you did with the site. I’m glad you enjoyed the book! Thanks for reading it!

Matt February 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Loved the book! This story is essential for anyone looking to get on reality television. I plan on re-reading this book many more times over the next couple of years.

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Awesome Matt! That is the point of it – the next time you read it you will probably get something totally different from it. Especially if you read it after an audition. Glad I could help!

Normal guy with a question... February 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Just one elemental question here: WHY does anyone want to be on reality TV so badly? I seriously do not get why an intelligent person would want to be part of that trash for his 15 minutes of “fame”. No offense. Maybe you could enlighten me…

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm

People have many different reasons to pursue any goals, whether getting cast on Reality TV, or achieving anything in life. Not everyone is in it for 15 minutes of fame. Hope that helps, “Normal Guy With A Question.”

Adrienne February 27, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Loved the story Dan, wow!!! I was on the edge of my seat even though I knew the outcome.

I know that we “normal” people have no clue what’s all involved in this process and I would not even have the first clue where to start. Thank goodness you shared with us everything you went through to finally get on BB and I’ve been watching it since season 3.

I’m a huge people person but at the same time it’s extremely difficult for me not to voice my opinion. That would be so challenging for anyone and I know it would be for me. The competition might hurt me too although I could see myself acing a few, not many though.

I know that for all the reality junkies out there, they are going to LOVE your story and the “inside scoop”. If they want on reality TV, they need to come to the pro. Who better to help them get their foot in the door above all the rest. Those people don’t stand a chance.

Great job Dan and so glad you finally put it out there. I don’t think you’re going to regret that decision.

~Adrienne

Dan Gheesling February 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Adrienne thanks for the kind words. Getting your feedback from a non-reality tv perspective was great. Glad we have connected through the MasterMind!!!

Travis May 17, 2012 at 7:42 am

Hey Dan that was a really goood and detailed story about your process of getting on the show.I’m convinced after all that you went through it was just meant to be.believe it or not your season of BB is my favorite and I applied for this season so we’ll see how that goes.Thanks for sharing this with us! now i know what I can probably expect if i’m lucky enough to make it GOD BLESS!

Dan Gheesling May 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Thanks Travis! Best of luck man.

media_luna May 30, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I really enjoyed the story, and was ready to keep reading… what next? first impressions? what is it like to be In the house?
Thanks for sharing Dan. Im sure hopeful reality TV cast member will find all your tips useful!!!

Dan Gheesling June 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Thanks Media Luna for taking the time to read it! Hahaha, not sure there is going to be a next, it just lead in to me writing the How To Guide. :)

John September 25, 2012 at 1:36 am

Dan, great read. I think you did the right thing going to Italy at the time. It worked out for you anyway. So bummed you didn’t win this year. I wanted you to be the first 2 time winner. So close. As a fellow Michigander I can say you did our state proud!

Darrel Harrison October 4, 2012 at 6:39 am

Dan – thanks for the read! I read it all in one evening, I couldn’t put it down! I’m sure the step by step guide will be next for me. My wife has been watching since Season 1 (I didn’t have TV until Season 7) and got me watching BB with her. I truly enjoy “the game” and concept of strangers living alone and competing. I’m a firm believer that the whole “game” is social and a strong mindset/mental plan is more important than ability to win competitions. I appreciate your efforts to connect with your fans and #TeamMist. Thank Dan!!

-Darrel (@duhrel)

Javier Rivera October 6, 2012 at 5:30 am

Hi Dan! Greetings from sunny Puerto Rico! I just bought the book today and read it in a couple of hours! What a great read! I am also a HUGE Big Brother fan, and a fan of yours for years. Thank you for all that you do to keep in touch with the fans, that’s really awesome! You’re an great, down to Earth guy and hopefully we can cross paths in the future. Take care.

Krista October 12, 2012 at 2:05 am

Just devoured this book, and putting the How-To Guide on my Christmas list… The “insider’s perspective” is so interesting to me, and I can’t believe the trials you had to go through to finally make it on the show! Wow! This has just drastically increased my curiosity about the show and the entire process. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Dan Gheesling October 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Thanks for reading it Krista! Did you get the Kindle or downloadable version?

Rachel Cambre April 20, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Dear Dan… I loved it.. I just did my open call thing yesterday… Your website helped me so much…. Thanks for doing this… Your the best… RayRay…